Welcome to my life - full of Quilty Treasures and Family!



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Progress - finally

It has been a busy, stressful few weeks, and I have had little time to go to my studio and play!  But, I have finally gotten to do that.  This week, my hubby and I both had some kind of bug, and we both stayed home from work on Monday, and part of Tuesday.  Today, I went to the office, but came home at lunch and slept all afternoon.  I really feel much better tonight! 

I am quilting a really pretty quilt for a friend and made some progress tonight.  It is a queen size quilt top, and is going to take longer than I thought it would.  I am quilting it freehand using one of Dawn Ramirez 's (the Pajama Quilter!) designs.  She made it look so easy in her video, and I used it in my Mystery Quilt on the piano key border.  It is fun and very forgiving. 

It should be finished by this weekend. 

I'm also working on a Raggedy Ann and Andy redwork quilt designed by Kaaren Johnston of The Painted Quilt blog.  It is so cute, and is a great stash buster quilt!  The first block is finished and I have block 2 and 3 in progress.  It will make a really cute baby quilt! 

Spring came for a few days, and then cold and wet weather hit again - that could explain my hubby's and my nasty bugs.  But it is supposed to be beautiful this weekend, so I can get out and finish planting the garden.  Hubby cleaned out all the raised beds for me last week, so I have no excuses left!  I'll post pics when I get it all planted!  Any suggestions on what I should plant this year!?

No comments:

Post a Comment