Welcome to my life - full of Quilty Treasures and Family!



Monday, April 4, 2011

Quilty and gardening weekend

It was a beautiful weekend - sunny, warm, too pretty to stay indoors!  Hubby and I worked on the veggie garden - he brought home a pickup load of compost and we filled the raised beds.  Then we went to a friend's house and bought lots of bedding plants - tomatoes, peppers, herbs, squash, and kale.  It is all planted and I still have room for more!  This week we will tackle the flower beds.

I also worked on a quilt I still have on the frame, and organized the studio some more.  We got my new design boards up and I am pleased with how they look.

If you get a chance go over to KoolBeenz for the Moda Jelly Roll Give-away! 
The fabric is luscious - I can think of several quilts I could use it in! 

Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got so much done. I worked out in the yard too and am suffering with allergies now because of it. I love working outside and getting my Vitamin D but I sure suffer in the springtime. I'm glad you're finally feeling better too. I'm sorry I didn't get over there but maybe I can come play this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My allergies are fighting with me now, too. I also hear that it is supposed to get cold again tonight - what to do!! Guess I'll try to cover those tender plants!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete