Welcome to my life - full of Quilty Treasures and Family!



Monday, September 26, 2011

Running - really?

I tried something new tonight - not in the least quilty. My middle daughter, Jen, talked me into going with her to a "Couch potato to 5 K" running class.  A little history would probably help this scenerio - I am not an athletic person.  I am fine with that.  But, this year, I have been trying to get healthy, lose weight, and gain more energy, so I thought this might be ok.  I can do this.  I even went out and bought new running shoes!
photo.JPG
Cute, huh!  I am 64 years old, a certified couch potato who hates exercise, and I thought this would be a good idea!  The session started out easily - a five minute warm up walk, 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking repeated for 20 minutes.  Let's just say I found out just how out of shape I am.  I made it through the 20 minute session, just barely, then proceeded to throw up everything I had eaten for dinner (and maybe for lunch - who know!)  I am fine, I just got really hot and tired.  I also will never have what I had for dinner again - ever.  I hate throwing up!  After a shower and a protein drink, I am feeling much better.

Will I do this again on Wednesday?  I'm going to sleep on that decision.  Things may look different in the morning.

I'm even to tired to do any quilting!



1 comment:

  1. Uh, I can so relate! I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope it gets better. I gotta say, I laughed when I read it only because that sounds like something that would happen to me. I know you want to get healthy and lose weight for the wedding, but baby steps, girl, baby steps!

    ReplyDelete