Welcome to my life - full of Quilty Treasures and Family!



Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Beautiful weather!

We have a saying here in Texas - if you don't like the weather, just wait a week!  Last week we had ice and snow and very cold weather, and this week it has been wonderful.  It should hit a high of 78 degrees today - a little cloudy and breezy, but I am without the coat and scarf and am loving it! 
I haven't quilted much in the past few days - I've been busy at the office and have had meetings or volunteer stuff in the evenings and by the time I get home, feed hubby (not to mention gather eggs, feed chickens and dog) I'm pooped and ready for bed. 
I've almost finished quilting my country mystery quilt - it has been fun.  I am doing SID on the pieced blocks, and trying out some new fill patterns on the applique blocks.  It is taking a lot of time, but it has been rewarding.  I am still learning so much each time I use my Gammill.
While surfing the web the other night, I came upon a blog by Arlette called Polka Dot Pineapple.  She had a tutorial for the cutest pin cushion - I went right upstairs and made one.  I'll post a pic of mine later, but for now here is a link to her blog:  http://mousechirpy-polkadotpineapple.blogspot.com/ - she has several very cute projects and lots of tutorials.  Love it!! 
That's all for now - have a great day!  Enjoy this weather!

Jackie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie,
    time is so precious and work really gets in the way of sewing!! Polka Dot has lovely projects
    Thanks for your comment on my QAYG post on Sew We Quilt.. hope you get to try it... and don't forget the snacks!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete