Welcome to my life - full of Quilty Treasures and Family!



Monday, June 21, 2010

Catching up...

The Church quilt is finished and Glenda is binding it!  Yeah!  I think it turned out ok.  I'll add pics when it is finished!  The "costume" is also finished - it was a satin "poodle type skirt"  without the poodle.  Instead it had a bright orange guitar on it with musical notes made of fabric with lots of glitter.  I also made a vest using the same fabric, with a sparkly organza overlay.  Both of these garments had black fringe, and sequins.  After breaking 5 -( yes, 5) sewing machine needles trying to sew on the sequins, I hand sewed the rest.  Did I mention that both garments were black.  My eyes really need a break.  And my studio has lots of sequins and glitter on the floor.  I need to clean the ironing board, too - there's glitter there!

I was up at 5AM this morning to finish the costume.  When I finished, it was not quite 7AM, so I put a quilt on the Gammill - I'll take a pic tonight - it is a John Deere quilt that I'm quilting for my friend, Sonya.  It is really cute - Sonya said she is a new quilter, but she does nice work for a beginner!   I also went home for lunch today, and spent about thirty minutes in the studio winding bobbins and organizing stuff so I can quilt tonight.   Our family summer party is this Saturday, so I should be making brownies and cookies, but I think I can squeeze in an hour for quilting.

Father's Day was great - we had all the kids over (except for the Seattle contingent) and had a great time.  We grilled burgers, planned a little for the party, and played games.  I had gone to Hamm's Orchard this past week, so we had fresh peach cobbler and blackberries with ice cream.  Yum.  (Note to self - resume diet!)

Forgot to mention that my sister and her husband were here for a couple of days last week.  It is always good to see them.  We went shopping one day, and had a wonderful time visiting.  I don't get to see her often enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment